What is it?
Work preparation and training programs to develop skills and complete a Certificate II or III qualification.
Gain the skills to get better jobs
Working with qualified professionals and volunteers, young people in this program gain foundational skills necessary for active participation in the workplace and community.
Participants receive training to complete a Certificate II or III linked to skills in demand in local industry.
Young people in this program gain foundational skills necessary for active participation in the workplace and community.
- A personalised plan based on their needs, interests and aspirations
- Referral to specialists when necessary
- Work training for entry level requirements in local industry
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Adventure-based learning opportunities
- Personal development and life skills workshops
- Job search skills (resumes, job applications, interview and presentation skills)
- Job placement assistance
- Post placement support to ensure retention.
Note: Participants must be ineligible for Australian Government employment support, have significant barriers to learning or employment, or have been unemployed for more than six months.