What is it?
FREE education, guidance and support for parents and others who care for children.
Who is it for?
Parents and caregivers residing in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Helping Strengthen Families
Providing support to parents and carers with things like:
- Challenging behaviour and discipline
- Child mental health/emotional wellbeing
- Parent-child relationships
- Parenting strategies
- Parent mental health/emotional wellbeing.
Tailored to meet individual parent and care giver needs, Parentline provides counselling, information and referrals to enhance the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. It is accessible via phone and online from 8am to 10pm seven days a week.
You can choose to speak with a male or female counsellor and arrange to speak with the same counsellor in the future if you like.
Parentline works with you to:
- Develop solutions for what's worrying you
- Strengthen skills that support you and your family
- Find other services and information to help you.
What can we talk about?
To speak with a Parentline counsellor, call 1300 30 1300 or visit www.parentline.com.au. This website is dedicated solely to the Parentline service and offers a number of tips and online resources for parents and caregivers.
You can talk about anything including:
- Parenting strategies when things get tough
- Relationships in your family
- Family breakups
- Emotional wellbeing.
"After talking with the Counsellor I felt more centred about myself as a mother. I then had a 30 min conversation with my son (unheard of). My son said 'Thanks, Mum. We've had a good chat'."