Relieving Christmas Stress
Planning and communication can bring a happy and smooth-sailing Christmas to your family.
We are releasing our top five tips for parents with children to make it through the festive season with a minimum of stress and worry.
Top five tips for taking the pressure off children this Christmas:
- Plan ahead so children will know where they will be spending Christmas
- Encourage children to talk about their feelings and hopes for the day
- Involve the whole family in planning celebrations - let everyone contribute
- Take some time out on the day to see how children are going
- Provide extra support for children who have lost loved ones
If kids want to talk to someone about handling Christmas this year, they can call Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or use email or web counselling services. No issue is too big or small.
Remember that love, commitment, patience and time can overcome most difficulties faced by families during the festive season. - Wendy Protheroe, Kids Helpline
Channel 10 recently interviewed Wendy Protheroe and Leo Hede from Kids Helpline about Festive Stress and the role of Kids Helpline.
Visit the Hot Topics section on the Kids Helpline website for more tips on Managing Christmas.
Let us know your what you love about Christmas? Comment below.