"yourtown is a charity with services young people can access to find jobs, learn skills, become great parents and live safer, happier lives.
We believe every young person has the right to a brighter future.
Since 1961, we've been tackling the issues impacting young people in Australia - like mental health and unemployment, and taking on issues like family and domestic violence. We aim to be part of the solution by delivering services that get results, and we offer these at a local and national level. They include Kids Helpline, training and employment services for young people, parent education and family refuges.
With our work predominately funded by the community, it's together and by association that we give young people choices."
Tracy Adams, CEO
The way we go about achieving our goals is just as important as reaching them. Our values are derived from the Lasallian Charism and, along with our mission and vision, are the foundation of yourtown.
Ways we work
At the heart of who we are is how we respond to the needs of the disadvantaged.
“Respect to me is something that can be earned, something that can be learned and something that must be given. We demonstrate respect by walking in another’s shoes and showing them they can live life without fear of criticism or judgement.”
- Dean Brunker, Vocational Training and Employment Centre (VTEC) Manager
“yourtown staff don’t just go-to-work. yourtown provides employees with a valued workplace culture that naturally inspires us to assist in our success and lead by example every day.”
- Danielle McCormick, jobactive Business Manager
“We don’t use a cookie cutter approach, we continually think outside the square and never believe that near enough is good enough.”
- Jo Vanstone, Families Programs Team Leader
Our strategic framework 2015-18
yourtown is accountable to those who rely on us and those who invest in us.
We’re committed to best practice, working hard to achieve goals and measuring how we stack up. Our Strategic Framework sets out our goals and objectives for delivering our Mission.
- Deliver high quality, evidence based, innovative services that break cycles of disadvantage and create independence in areas and communities, of high need.
- Position yourtown as a relevant, vibrant organisation, well respected by the community.
- Foster a culture of individual and organisational accountability through shared mission and mutual responsibility.
- Ensure the sustainability of operations through diversity of funding and maintenance of appropriate financial reserves.