- yourtown Prize Homes
- 8 MILLIONTH call for help answered by Kids Helpline
8 MILLIONTH call for help answered by Kids Helpline
Fast Facts About Kids Helpline
- Kids Helpline opened on 25 March 1991 with more than 3,200 young people making a call on the first day and Kids Helpline has responded to more than 8 million contacts over 27 years.
- In 20l7, Kids Helpline responded to 157,656 contacts from children and young people nationally. We also had 607,634 unique visitors to the Kids Helpline website with 2,051,60l page views.
- Since 2001, Kids Helpline has initiated 18,382 Duty of Care emergency care actions to keep children and young people safe.
- The average counselling session time via phone in 20l7 was 32 minutes and 54 minutes via WebChat. An increase in the complexity of issues and the need for more intensive, longer sessions has seen a 72% increase in the counselling time over the last ten years.
Our service is for the community, funded by the community.
Kids Helpline costs around $11 million a year to operate. 79% of this comes from the community, with the primary source of income being funds raised through the yourtown Prize Home Art Union.
You can support Kids Helpline by buying a yourtown Prize Home ticket.