What is it?
Practical interventions that help at-risk young people to understand workplace requirements and develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours expected by employers.
Who is it for?
Young people aged 15-21 in Southeast Queensland, Western Sydney and Port Pirie who are not in education, training or work, and are most at risk of long term unemployment.
Don’t give up. The future is bright.
This intensive program improves the work readiness of unemployed early school leavers who are at high risk of long term unemployment.
Practical assistance helps them reconnect with education or transition to work. Work experience is included to help build participants' skills, confidence and readiness to find a job.
Practical assistance helps them reconnect with education or transition to work.
- Individual skills assessment and career advice
- A Job Plan to improve work readiness
- Help overcoming challenges to learning and work
- Specialist referrals when necessary
- Personal development and life skills
- Vocational skills development
- Access to courses to complete Year 12 or gain a Certificate III qualification
- Participation in one or more work experience placements
- Employment or apprenticeship opportunities
- Assistance to purchase training, equipment or other work related items
- Job search skills (resumes, job applications, interview and presentation skills)
- Job placement assistance
- Post placement support to address settling-in issues and ensure retention.
"This program is really getting back to the basics of supporting young people to get a job and keep a job."