All programs focus on encouraging, valuing, respecting and celebrating young parents and their families.
These programs offer parents and children opportunities to develop new skills through:
- Peer and social support with other young families
- Sharing ideas and experiences
- Organised activities for parents and their children
- Outreach/Home visits
We provide workshops on life skills and parenting, including:
- Child development
- Personal development and life skills
- Healthy relationships
- Healthy eating
- Personal support
- Supporting education for early school leavers
- Circle of Security
- Bumps and Bubs
- Linking into community activities
- Accessing a range of health and other professional and community services
Glugor Young Parents Program
This purpose-built facility incorporates training rooms and children's rooms within a natural setting to support young parents, carers, infants and young children (0-5 years) who live in the Moreton Bay Region. Priority is given to young families in Deception Bay.
Penrose Young Parents Program
This service supports young parents of infants and young children (0-4 years), or parents-to-be, who live in Port Pirie, South Australia. The group offers advocacy, support and education, whilst providing the chance to develop new friendships in a welcoming home-like environment.