What is it?
An intensive three week job club to help young people understand different employment options and career paths.
Who is it for?
Young unemployed people aged 15-24 in Southeast Queensland who lack the skills or knowledge to find employment. *Additional restrictions apply.
See what options are out there
This 3-week program provides participants with a long list of basic employability skills and improves their capacity to find and keep work.
Opportunities to explore different career options.
Participants are provided with:
- A personalised training and support plan
- Support from Youth Workers
- Referrals to specialists when necessary
- Work preparation training tailored to skills in demand in local industry
- Goal setting and career planning sessions
- Training to develop the types of attitudes and workplace behaviours valued by employers
- Opportunities to explore different career options through workshops with local employers, industry visits and work experience placements
- Job search skills training (resumes, job applications, interview and presentation skills)
- Job placement assistance
- Post placement support to ensure retention.
*Additional Requirements: Participants must be ineligible for Australian Government employment support, have significant barriers to learning or employment, or have been unemployed for more than six months.