What is it?
Help to young Indigenous students who are identified as at high risk of early school leaving to re-engage in learning and complete their formal education.
Who is it for?
Indigenous young people aged 15-18 in Redlands, Logan and Ipswich
Inspiring Indigenous students to stay in school
Specialists work with Indigenous young people and their families to provide culturally appropriate support to overcome barriers and re-engage in learning.
Working with Indigenous students to create a personalised plan matched to individual needs, interests and aspirations.
- Uncovering reasons for disengagement, including diagnostic testing to identify barriers to learning
- Career counselling
- A personalised plan matched to individual needs, interests and aspirations
- Specialist referrals to address personal, health and social issues
- Personal and life skills to improve self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Building cultural education and connection into learning activities to help build pride in cultural heritage
- Literacy/ numeracy programs and individual tutoring
- Help transitioning to the next phase of learning, either through formal education, further training or employment.